Changing your username will not affect your existing followers, Direct Messages, or replies. Your followers will simply see a New Username next to your profile photo when you update. We suggest you alert your followers before you change your Username so they can direct replies or Direct Messages to your new username.
How To Change Your Username
On Android and IPhone
- Navigate to Settings and privacy and tap Account.
- Tap Username and update the username currently listed in the Username field. If the username is taken, you'll be prompted to choose another one.
- Tap Done.
- Click on Settings and privacy from your profile icon dropdown menu.
- Under Account, update the username currently listed in the Username field. If the username is taken, you'll be prompted to choose another one.
- Click the Save changes button.
- Your username can be up to 15 characters long. while
- Your display name can be up to 50 characters long.