Why would I want to unfollow someone?
- Typically, people unfollow other accounts when they no longer wish to see that account's Tweets in their home timeline. You can still view them on an as-needed basis by visiting their profile, unless their Tweets are protected.
- If you are unfollowing an account because their updates seem like spam
- Find a Tweet from the account you’d like to unfollow.
- Hover your mouse over their name.
- Click the Following button.
- Navigate to a Tweet from the account you’d like to unfollow.
- Tap the icon located at the top of the Tweet.
- Tap Unfollow from the selection menu.